Business With Us
MEC SUPPORTS REALISTIC OPPORTUNITIES FOR SUPPLIERS, SUBCONTRACTORS OF VARYING SIZES AND DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISES (DBE) OF ALL SIZES.
MEC offers a full range of subcontracting opportunities to various firms of different capacities. We review every project’s scope of work to determine where both DBE and non-DBE subcontractors and suppliers can help us meet the project’s challenges by providing meaningful, commercially useful functions.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
In addition to drawing on the experience and existing relationships of our team members who have a strong history of working with DBEs, we take additional steps to encourage new DBE participation through the following channels:
- Identification of all possible certified DBE firms
- Periodic scheduling of informational meetings and open houses to meet with local firms and explore opportunities
- Soliciting in local newspapers
- Meeting with DBEs who offer other products and services that complement project needs
- Coordinating pre-proposal meetings with DBEs to discuss our proposed DBE subcontracting plans and incorporate their feedback
- Conducting DBE outreach events to identify and gain knowledge of firms we can use to perform work on our project
- Soliciting additional specific DBE subcontracting opportunities for us and our subcontractors while clearly communicating expectations and requirements
- Maximizing opportunities by breaking large opportunities into economically feasible units and appropriately sizing contract packages
- Providing technical assistance in a variety of areas including software training, quality assurance plans, utilization of owner’s plans, workforce utilization submittals, safety plans, work plans, supplies and billing
- Working with qualified DBEs in obtaining bonding and insurance
MEC works closely with local DBE subcontractors meeting or exceeding utilization goals using the above methodology.
OUTREACH PROGRAM ELEMENTS
- Outreach meetings advertised in local publications
- Outreach meetings held at local establishments
- Detailed presentations of work scope packages by our M/W/DBE Coordinators and Business Development team members